Monday, August 9, 2010

Contemporary Scholarly Studies - Post One

As I mentioned before, from time to time, books will appear on this blog which are not antiquarian in nature, but which are still important to me, and to my collection. This is one of those times.


I got this book last week for my birthday, and I can't wait to read it. (I have already perused the overall contents, but books such as this require a great deal of time and contemplation in order to thoroughly absorb.)

The scholarship in this book looks quite promising; in particular, I have noticed that one of the contributors is the esteemed James A. Winn, a renowned Dryden scholar. The book is published by the University of Toronto Press, in association with the UCLA Center for Seventeenth and Eighteenth-Century Studies and the William Anderson Clark Memorial Library. It is copyright 2004, and is edited by Jane Lewis and Maximillian E. Novak. This looks to be a first edition, which is not surprising, considering that this book is not "mainstream," even where literary scholarship is concerned; it represents a field of specialized interest, therefore, revisions are likely to be few and far-between. Nevertheless, for a Dryden enthusiast like me, this book is truly a treasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment